Friday, August 03, 2018

Zombie Boy

I just heard about Rick Genest's death and I'm so sad about it. When he was young, he had a brain tumor and was told he would have to get surgery that would disfigure him for life. Later, he found out that he could get a laser procedure done and he was one of only 2 people in North America to survive that procedure.

He died yesterday by suicide, which devastates me. 




He loved when people stared at him and he said he accomplished his goal of becoming a "freak." I've always been so inspired by his creativity and spirit. In my past tattoo posts, I talk about him a lot and he definitely influenced to be more myself.

2 Comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

It is wonderful that he was able to inspire so many people with his creative spirit. I am so sorry for the loss you are experiencing now. It truly is a tragedy.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

iamperlita said...

Wow! I didn't know his story, thank you so much for sharing! It is truly heartbreaking the way he had to pass. I hope you heal soon, hun! Have a lovely weekend!
-PerlaGiselle
iamperlita.com |My Instagram