Wednesday, November 16, 2016

7 year old Katie

Venice in B&W

Photo from here.
**
So random, but yesterday I was at work (I work at a grocery store) and it's usually pretty boring there. It can either be extremely hectic or extremely boring, there's really no in between. In my downtime I just stand there and think about stuff. I started to think about how back in first grade my teacher would put up a sum of change on the board and we'd have to come up with the littlest amount of coins to make that.

While I was standing there, something just came over me like, "wow, where has time gone?" It was a weird moment. I thought to myself "Would 7 year old Katie ever think 20 year old Katie would be going to school in Massachusetts and working in a grocery store?" Probably not. My, how we move along.

I'm just really glad I'm getting the chance to study abroad. I'm happy to actually get out and experience the world, because sometimes I feel like I'm not living life to the fullest. I definitely understand that we need jobs and money, and the jobs might not be glamorous, but it's something. I just think that 7 year old Katie would much rather hear that 20 year old Katie is traveling the world rather than working part time at a grocery store. You know?

0 Comments: