Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Not-so-adventurous

I planned a hiking trip for my friend and I tomorrow! But I'm annoyed. She just told me that her mom and sisters are coming too. So instead of the 2 of us road tripping to a mountain and hiking up, I'm going to be packed in a car with 4 other people (2 complaining kids) and have to stay with her family while we're kept on a schedule to get to the top.
 
I'm just frustrated because I'm at the time in your life when you're supposed to be adventurous and no cares. I've been told that the Summer after your freshman year is the best and I want that to hold true. Her mom doesn't want us going off and doing things by ourselves and I feel like I'm aging in the opposite direction. Why should I do what a parent that's not even MY parent wants me to do?
 
 
I'm going to make the best of the day tomorrow but I had to type out my feelings. I'm in college and almost 20 - I just want to have spontaneous adventures with my friend, you know?
 
What are your thoughts? Hope you had an awesome day!

0 Comments: