Monday, July 11, 2016

Some forms of self care (you may not think about)

I talk about this a lot, but I feel like everyone should participate in some form of self care. To get some ideas if you're stuck, here are some that I thought of recently! I hope you try some out.

Cleaning your room
The other day I helped friend clean and rearrange her room and I thought to myself "wow, that felt good!" so right after, I went home and did the same for my room and I felt amazing! I moved things around, found some new storage for my movies and books, threw some things out... I felt my head space immediately clear up!

Drink water
Duh! What a simple one, right? If you're deciding what you want to drink, go for the water, not the soda! slice up some lemons and cucumbers and get some mint leaves and throw them in! So good and so good for you!

Pamper evening
I won't go on about this one too much, because I think I mention it on here every day, but one night have yourself a pamper night. Take a bath, put on a face mask, eat some snacks, watch a movie. I prefer alone, but if you like doing it with friends, by all means, make a night of it! A good face mask can heal almost anything, I'd say.

Do little things to improve everyday life
I couldn't really figure out how to word this one... this is just things like washing your makeup brushes. Today I washed mine and I feel like a new person. It's amazing what cleaning some brushes and changing some sponges can do for a lady. Also other things like watch a movie, journal your thoughts, light a candle, wear your favorite slippers. Little things that make you smile and feel good!

What do you do as a form of self care?