Friday, July 28, 2017

Currently


Watching: So lately I've been watching pretty much every stand-up comedy special that Netflix has. I have a secret that's going to sound like a joke, but I'm 100% serious - ever since I was about 14 I wanted to be a comedian. I love making people laugh and I feel like I've just always had the makings to be a comedian. It actually really made me think because I had to do a presentation in Rome for my internship and one of my teachers pulled me aside afterward and told me I should do comedy shows. Another teacher told me she thought I had a theater background because of how fun I was infant of the group of people listening. Isn't that crazy? So these comedy specials are fun for me and really inspire me. Most recently, I watched Joe Mande's special and it was SO good. Recommend.

Reading: Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot. Ok, I know that sounds like a dieting book, but it's actually a murder mystery haha! It's a YA novel, so sometimes things are a little slow but I'm actually really intrigued. My friend raided her little sister's room and gave me about 4 books to read for the Summer and this was one of them. There's also a sequel that I plan on reading!

Listening: Let's see... this one is always super random. I've found a bunch of songs I've been loving this time around:
Jungle by Tash Sultana (the video that I linked is dope, watch it!)

Thinking about: So much. Am I in the right major? Where will I be this time next year since I'll be a college graduate? Should I continue with these friendships even thought it's usually me doing all the work to stay in contact? Should I try other online dating websites and apps? Should I continue going out on the weekends, drinking, and behaving like a fool? Or clean myself up a bit and stay in like I used to? Am I actually happy where I am in life right now or am I faking it most of the time? How am I supposed to handle that this is probably my last year in Boston ever?

Baking: Well I haven't had a lot of time to bake for fun lately, but if I do I'm usually either making this Triple Berry Cobbler Pie or this Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Just thought I'd share!

Loving: The Summer thunderstorms. As I'm typing this I hear thunder outside right now - yay! I love when it rains late at night because I want to listen to it, so rather than watching Netflix or listen to music, I'll usually put it all away and just read and listen to the rain. Love!

Thought I'd try out some new ones this time to switch it up a bit! As usual, I got this post idea from Danielle at Sometimes Sweet and the photo is from my Tumblr.

What are you currently up to?

2 Comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that book! Meg Cabot is (and will probably always be) my favourite author.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Katie said...

What, no way! I've never heard of her until recently haha! I can't wait to finish it.