Monday, July 17, 2017

Tips for weight loss?

This is so random, but it's been something on my mind lately! I kind of talked about it in a previous post, but I want to get more specific this time.

NOW, I'm all about that healthy life. Everyone's beautiful, strong not skinny, yadda yadda. I recently went to the doctor and she weighed me and I was just shocked at how much I've gained over just the past few years. This past semester I was surprised I didn't gain a lot, but I think it's because it was a good balance of a lot of gelato and a lot of walking. I try things all the time to be more healthy, but I never commit, or I commit for a short time and then go back to my regular habits. Which honestly isn't that bad. I just want something to get back to my idea of a healthy weight and feel better about myself.

I don't want anyone to be worried or anything, I promise I'm fine! I just want to feel better about myself when I look at myself in the mirror and see myself in photos. It's visibly obvious that I've gained weight since I started college and I don't like it.

Here's what I'm going to start this week:
Membership at Planet Fitness
Last Winter I did C25K (again) and I actually made it to week 5 day 2, which is actually running for 8 minutes, walking for 5 minutes, and running for another 8. Now, I know that doesn't sound so hard, but I really didn't think I could do it and I did! I want to get back on the treadmill and do it again. I love leaving and having sweat dripping off of me. I also just like the atmosphere in Planet Fitness.

From here.

MateFit Tea
So, I did this back during my freshman year of college and it was nice! I did notice I was less hungry throughout the day. I honestly can't say how well it actually worked, but I'm hoping to really commit to it this time and I have a good feeling about it. I do remember that the detox tea tasted SO bad, but I'm going to try to push through, haha!

(I was looking for a picture to use and found this one, so naturally I had to use it. Sue me. But in the meantime, go stalk more of his pictures... you'll thank me later.)

Lots of fruits and veggies
I really really want to stop eating 3 corndogs for dinner or having multiple desserts throughout the day. You know? I want to really watch what I eat and not cheat. I want to try this for at least a week and see how it goes. That's not so bad, right? I can do that... right?

From here.

Some things I should stop doing are going out on the weekends and drinking a lot, snacking late, and eating out with friends. These are things I won't stop, though. They're fun and I'm young, so I don't want to live the life of a 40 yr old mom, ya feel? I'll just watch it more and order healthier foods when I'm with friends or snack on blueberries instead of chips. I can do this! I'll report back and let you know how it's going in about a week. I'm working a lot this week, so I'm not sure how often I'll get to the gym.

Let's go, ladies! We got this!!
Any more suggestions are welcome!

0 Comments: