Monday, October 15, 2012

Bullying Awareness Month

"I am much more than a number on a scale." -Jennifer Livingston
**
i had to post this. this women is my hero - she said all the right things. i can't believe someone would take time out of their day like this to be mean. Jennifer, you're beautiful!
 
also, it is Bullying Awareness month. wearing blue nail polish on your pinky shows that you're against it, as well as many other things. anything that you can do to stand up to it means something.

i hate bullies and i don't get why people have to be so cruel to others. it doesn't make sense to me and i'm doing all i can to show my support for those that are bullied and trying to stop those that are the bullies. i went through it in Middle school and i can tell you that any small thing will help.

justgirlythings:

NOBODY deserved what she went through. Bullies need to be stopped and unfortunately we lost a beautiful soul because of the heartless acts of immature, spoiled kids. Rest in Paradise Amanda and keep strong everyone and fight back! If you watch someone get bullied, you’re just as bad as if you were committing the act. Step in and you may be saving someone’s life.

have you all heard of Amanda Todd? she recently committed suicide due to constant bullying. it sickens me so much how incredibly rude people can be.

please never bully and if you know someone getting bullied, help them no matter what.

sorry for the sad post, but it's something that can't be ignored and i wish i could do more to help.
**
link to the Stomp Out Bullying website
&
'like' Mean Stinks on Facebook

2 Comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad that you're using your blog to bring awareness to this very serious issue! I actually do with with organization in efforts to spread the word about suicide prevention so I love when I see bloggers use their platforms to send such positive messages! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog--I really hope that we can keep in touch!!
Allison
A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Katie said...

thanks, Allison! and that's AWESOME! all of it is definitely something that can't go ignored!