Monday, June 01, 2015

Boyhood (2014)

 
I saw the trailer for this last Summer when I went to the theater to see another movie and I remembered it, but couldn't remember the name. And then recently I saw the trailer for it again and went to rent it right away. It's SO good. It deserves way more credit than it has. It was filmed over the course of 12 years with the same cast and catches the milestones of a boy named Mason (played by Ellar Coltrane). It has such a great soundtrack and is filmed so perfectly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's almost a 3 hour movie, so it took me a little while to watch the whole thing because I fell asleep the first time since I started watching at 1 am like a moron, but after I finished it I immediately wanted to watch it again. I highly recommend it because it really shows that people go through a lot in their life. From the time their little to the time their in their 20s, there's so much that we go through as humans. It's directed by Richard Linklater and it's so so good. I honestly can't stop thinking about it -- it's definitely my new favorite movie.

0 Comments: