Monday, January 04, 2016

Life lately


This might get kind of wordy, but I wanted to write a little something about my goals for the year, things I've been thinking, and how I've been feeling lately. It can feel so good to just write all your thoughts out with no judgement, amiright?

Alright, so this year, as I always say, I want to travel more. I have SO many realistic travel goals for the year and I'm so glad my best friend is finally here with me so we can go places together. We're so adventurous and we already have our Spring breaks and Summer planned out completely. I'm also hoping to be an exchange student in Iceland, but we'll see about that one.
This year, I also want to just be nicer all around. I want to not get hung up on something someone said to me and just want to be myself without conforming to other people. This is going to be hard for me, but I really, really want to accomplish this one.

I've been thinking a lot about my friends lately too. Some friends say they're best friends, but we never talk and they just don't reach out to me at all. I'm constantly some people's last thoughts and it can make me feel pretty shitty. There isn't much I can do about this one, but it gets to be a little much having to constantly tug on a friendship to keep it going. What are your thoughts? I just get a little tired of it and not only is it just hanging more, it's when we hang out I still can feel pretty unhappy about it. I think I'm answering my own question, but I'm still conflicted.

Since I'm transferring schools this year and moving to a city with so many opportunities, I just want to go into the year with a completely open mind. I almost want this year to be a re-birth and for me to try something totally new.

I feel like this is going to be a great year, but I have a lot to work on first!

I hope you all have an awesome 2016. I also encourage you to try new things as well. Cut people out of your life that make you unhappy and buy that plane ticket to California if you've always wanted to go! There isn't enough time in life to sit around and think about if you're doing things right. Just go out and make the change you want to see.

Check out this BuzzFeed article about improving your mental health in 2016. I really loved it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/may-your-2016-be-mentally-chill

0 Comments: