Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A memoir about food, wine, and love

I wanted to talk about this book I read a few weeks ago! I rented it from the public library and started and finished it in 2 days. It just kept me hooked! I think I want to start reading more memoirs. They feel so real - as if I'm there with these people, experiencing what they are.



This was about Michael and his wife, Jill, and basically how they packed up and moved to the Tuscany area once their kids went to college. They left their jobs and friends and moved to a little house in a place with very little people. It was so great to hear about everything they went through. Even just about the pasta they liked to make or the butcher they became friends with. I do a terrible job and describing books, but if you're craving a taste of something different - traveling without actually leaving your bed - I totally recumbent this book.

Have you read many memoirs? Are there any you recommend? There's one about France I've been wanting to read, but the title is escaping me at the moment...

0 Comments: