Thursday, March 02, 2017

Currently


I thought I'd put together a quick 'currently' post to let you know what I'm up to over here in Italia!

Loving: ITALY. Well, duh. I mean, I knew I would love this experience, but I really didn't realize how much. I'm kind of glad I came into it with my expectations a little low because now I'm overwhelmed at how much fun I'm having and how great my friends are! It's kind of crazy, actually. I'll write a post about it when I get back to the states, but I 100% recommend any college student to study abroad.

Watching: I obviously haven't been watching a lot of Netflix or anything, but occasionally at night I'll watch some to fall asleep with. Actually, I've taken a new approach because instead of watching shows I'll watch movies in increments. So I'll watch about 30 minutes of a movie a night and it's nice because I never really get to watch movies anymore - who has the time! So far I've watched Crazy, Stupid Love and The Blindside. I've seen them both before, but that's good because if I was doing that with movies I've never seen I wouldn't be able to stop after just 30 minutes!

Reading: Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline. My friend, Alexandra, and I were walking around BAM during Winter break and we both saw this book on the shelf, so we read the back and both whispered 'woah' the whole time. We were so intrigued! So she bought it (she owed me) and now I'm reading it while I'm in Italy and this Summer she'll be doing some traveling around Asia, so she'll read it then. I'm only about a quarter of the way through because I haven't had much time to sit and read, but I LOVE it so far. We really wanted a book that's different than the whole boy-meets-girl storyline. I'm not too far in so I can't say much, but so far so good forsure. I'll update when I'm done!

Listening: I finally invested in Spotify Premium a couple weeks ago (actually I had to have my dad log in from the states and do it since they don't have the student option here) and it was the best decision of my life! I love that you can download songs. So you can see some music I've been listening to in this post, but since then I've added Another Love by Tom Odell and Congratulations by Post Malone. Very different songs... I know.

Anticipating: I'm anticipating a lot, but also trying to enjoy every moment. Every time something happens I get so excited to go home and tell my family and friends but I also think to myself "no, stop thinking about that! enjoy now!" I honestly never want this trip to end. They say you go through an 'oh shit' phase, and while I've had some rough days, I'll honestly never get over this country or these people. I've made friends here that I'll literally have forever and I didn't even realize that would happen. So while I'm anticipating all the travel I'll be doing and the excitement of going home, I'm also enjoy each moment of everyday. It's so cool.

Traveling: Thought I'd add this one in just for fun ;) So this weekend I'm not going anywhere, but all of my friends are gone. I think it'll be nice to have some alone time around Rome! But next weekend is my birthday and we're going to have so much fun! It'll absolutely be the best birthday ever. No question. I'm so lucky to be in Rome with all these amazing people. Then the next weekend I'll be in Naples and Pompeii and after that is Spring break! I'm going to Berlin for 5 days and then Greece for 4 days. Then I'll be in Poland, Paris, the Amalfi Coast and a bunch more day trips. The weeks seem to be going faster and faster! It's insane - slow down!!

This post was inspired by Dani over at Sometimes Sweet and the photo is mine taken from the top of the Museo del Vittoriano!

0 Comments: