Sunday, January 22, 2017

Inauguration

*I meant to post this yesterday, whoops!

I know this is political and very opinionated and wordy, but just bare with me. I want to write out a little something about my thoughts from yesterday and the future.

I first wanted to say, I feel really lucky that I was alive while Barack Obama was our president. I was thinking about it tonight in the shower, and I just feel like we'll never have a president like that again - at least not for a long time. It's hard to believe those 8 years are up and he'll never take that position again. Despite what people say, a lot of positive changes were made. Those are my views, personally, and I agree with a lot of what he says.

I go to a super liberal school and have learned a lot with all the people there. I know we have to accept that Trump is our new president and I'm not rooting for him to fail. I think it's going to be tough to adjust after having a liberal president for almost a decade. I hope not too much changes, but the future is definitely uncertain. If you're concerned about anything, practice self care and get involved. Yes, the president has the power, but we are ultimately in charge. Set something in motion and do what you feel is right. I feel like at this moment we all assume the worst and if we have a bit of positivity it'll be ok.

I'm totally bummed Obama isn't our president anymore and I definitely cried while watching him give his farewell speeches and get in the helicopter today. Change is good and we all new it was coming.


So, now I want to give you some resources:

If you know me, you know I love when Shia LaBeouf does lifestreams. In his most recent one that he started yesterday, it's on the side of the Museum of Moving Image in New York and people come and say the mantra HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US for as long as they want. The message behind it is great and it's something we need to remember. However, it's also fun to watch. It's kind of like a social experiment and I've (no joke) been watching it for hours. I love it and every now and then Shia will pop up. It's going on for the next 4 years 24/7. I'm hoping to visit it at some point in there. Check it out here.


Here are a list of self care ideas. They aren't anything out of the ordinary, but I think it's important to know some simple things we can do everyday to feel better and stay on track with ourselves.

Barack and Michelle Obama have started a new foundation and after they take a break for a bit, they are going to move forward with it. If you go to the website, you can speak your voice. It's a place to give your input on what you would like to see happen in the country. It's about what we can achieve together and how to be a good citizen. I think it's fantastic and I'm so happy this family, even as citizens, is still working hard to better the people.


That's all for now. I hope you're all doing well! I usually don't post anything political and it took me a while to decide if I wanted to actually publish this or not. Sorry about that! I hope it helps a bit though.

0 Comments: