Thursday, October 22, 2015

Social Media II

I've had my say about this before - I have such a love/hate relationship with social media and smartphones in general. While I'm at school I notice myself on my phone even more. I can't really go anywhere to get off campus so when I come back to my room or go sit in the union, I'm usually on my phone. I need to chill! I'm annoyed at myself for being like that. I would like to live in the now more.

Portrait Of A Quiet Girl 8/14 | by Chrissie White

I'm also a hypocrite because I'm constantly telling people how much I hate social media, but I'm on my phone all day long. We only live this life once and while I'm a firm believer in doing what makes you happy, I also think we need to step away from our phones and enjoy this life we have. There's so much out there - read books, travel, study, shop, get away from the tiny device in our hands!

Does anyone else feel the same? I want to challenge myself to not use my phone for an entire day but I just don't think I could do it. Maybe I can deactivate my social media accounts again like I did in June...

Anyway, think more about this and stop living your life through a screen! (Unless you are totally happy, then keep on keeping on!)

:)

0 Comments: